The Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD) is organising the inaugural Fostering Industrial Research Success Together (FIRST) Industry Workshop,
The FIRST Industry Workshop aims to:
- Showcase SUTD graduate students’ innovative, interdisciplinary and collaborative research.
- Bring together SUTD’s industry partners, graduate students and academic faculty to foster closer working relationships.
Event Sponsors & Partners
Highlights of the FIRST Industry Workshop
- SUTD Graduate Student Research Presentations
SUTD’s graduate students will present their innovative research projects (centred around these research areas):
- Guided Modes in Graphene-based Electronic Waveguides.
- Design of High Performance Coating Materials with Online Strain and Radiation Monitoring Capability.
- Microparticles Manipulation via Surface Acoustic Waves (SAW) in Microfluidic Platform.
- Quantum Extension of Mott-Gurney Law.
- Using Component Margins for Early Stage Design: A Product Perspective.
- 3D Shape Transformation by Pick-and-Place Process Based On Rasterised Model.
- Bone Loss in the Elderly: Vertebral Fragility Factures in Multiple Myeloma Patients.
- Compact Modelling and Characterisation Approach as Design for Reliability Tools in Advanced Memory Cells.
- Functionality Demonstration of a High Density 2.5V Self-Aligned Split Gate NVM Cell Embedded into 40nm CMOS Logic Process for Automotive Microcontrollers.
- CAFM-based Spectroscopy of Stress- Induced Defects in HfO2 with Experimental Evidence of the Clustering Model and Metastable Vacancy Defect State.
- Design Principles for Additive Manufacturing
- Crowd-driven Mid-scale Layout Design.
- How Should OSPs Price in Mobile Data Offloading?
- Loop Invariant Generation through Active Learning.
- Cell-Edge-Aware Precoding for Downlink Massive MIMO Cellular Networks.
- Secure Probabilistic One-Time Programs by Quantum State Distribution.
- Crypt-Clip: Mobile Encryption Device.
- Designing Simpler Contracts in Supply Chains
- A Joint LSE and Sparse Message Passing Channel Estimation for Millimeter Wave MIMO Systems
- Energy Consumption Optimisation with QoS Guarantee in Cache-Enabled Small-Cell Networks
- Egocentric Activity Recognition using Multimodal Multi-Stream Deep Learning Approach
- Arena Lab 1: The graph coloring experiment
- Hardware Identification via Sensor Fingerprinting under Physical Attacks in a Cyber-Physical System
- LAR: Towards Verifying Complex Systems Probabilistically Through Learning, Abstraction and Refinemen
- Adaptive Computation Scaling and Task Offloading in Mobile Edge Computing
- Data Protection in Secure Industrial Control Systems
- Design of Automobile Waste Heat Harvesting System.
- Travel Mode Identification with Low Sampling Rate and Incomplete Localization for SENSg Devices.
- Fast Graph Operations in Quantum Computation.
- Robust Deep Multimodal Encoder for Incomplete Heterogeneous Sensor Data Fusion.
- The Future of Cloud Computing.
- Unlocking the Potential of SnX2 (X = O, S, Se) as Lithium-ion Battery Anode: Utilising both Conversion and Alloying Reactions for High Lithium Storage Capacities.
- Capacitive Deionization (CDI) for Desalination.
- Smart Urban Monitoring with Space Centric Wireless Sensor Networks.
- Air Dispersion Modeling: Modeling of Non-Reactive Pollutants under Different Stability States.
The FIRST Judging Panel will award attractive cash prizes to the top 3 research projects. Click here to find out more about how to submit your research to this competition.
- SUTD Campus and Research Centre Showcase
Our Tour Guides will take you to the following points of interest around the SUTD campus:
- Industry Presentations (KPMG & MediaTek Singapore)
Mr Tham is a member of KPMG’s Global Board and Executive Committee, with responsibilities as the Regional Chairman of KPMG in Asia Pacific, and the Managing Partner of KPMG in Singapore. He is also a board member of Housing Development Board and is a member of the Council for Skills, Innovation and Productivity.
Mr Lim is responsible for business development in the Smart City IOT space for Singapore and the region. Prior to joining MediaTek, Chye Seng had held Sales and Business Development roles for Intel, Infineon, Motorola, Krone, ST Electronics.
We would like to extend a warm invitation to you, our distinguished industry professional, to join the FIRST Industry Workshop as an event sponsor under one of the following Sponsorship Packages:
Premium Sponsor (S$2,000)
- Recognised as Premium Sponsor with company logo/name prominently displayed in pre-event marketing/invitational materials (print and online) and the event presentation slides.
- Nominate company representative to serve as a judge on the Research Presentation Competition Evaluation Panel.
- Have a special prize (named after your company) to be presented at the event.
- e.g. the XXX Award for Most Innovative Project
- Acknowledgement by event emcee as Premium Sponsor with short description of company profile to be read out.
Event Sponsor (S$1,000)
- Recognised as Event Sponsor with company logo/name prominently displayed in pre-event marketing/invitational materials (print and online) and the event presentation slides.
- Acknowledgement by event emcee as Event Sponsor with short description of company profile to be read out.
Please contact Mr Lau Jun Jie at 64998722 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
We are calling SUTD graduate students to submit their entries for the Research Project Competition.
Call for Participant Posters
The judges for this competition will award a S$2,000 cash prize to each of the top 3 research projects. You may register as an individual or as a group.
The judging criteria for the Competition are as follows:
- Technical Considerations (25%) – i.e. robustness, reliability, ease of implementation
- Academic and Scientific Merit (25%) – i.e. research originality, novelty, new methodology
- Impact/Applicability (25%) – i.e. contribution to industry, market feasibility, scalability
- Poster and Presentation (25%) – i.e. presentation clarity, defensibility from judges’ critique
Individual registrants must be SUTD graduate students. Group projects must each be registered by a SUTD graduate student (who will also be the project leader).
To register your interest for individual or group research project for the Competition, please provide the following details:
- Student’s name + advisor’s name
- Title of research project
- Research summary (100 words or less)
- Any additional presentation materials, if applicable (e.g. working prototype, computer simulation, etc.)
We look forward to your participation in this research project presentation for the FIRST Industry Workshop on 27 July 2016.
SUTD is Singapore’s fourth autonomous university and one of the first in the world to emphasise a multidisciplinary focus.
At SUTD, design, innovation and entrepreneurship are seamlessly integrated into SUTD’s graduate programme curriculum. Our research-intensive graduate programmes aim to produce industry-relevant solutions to modern-day challenges and create a better world by design.